The term ‘WEA’, the ‘World Economics Association’, or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: 12 Maurice Road, St Andrew’s, Bristol, BS6 5B7, UK. Our company registration number is 07507045 and we are incorporated in England & Wales as a Community Interest Company. A community interest company (CIC) is a new type of company introduced by the United Kingdom government in 2005 under the Companies (Audit, Investigations and Community Enterprise) Act 2004, designed for social enterprises whose aim is to work for the public good; as such any assets earnings and resources are applied to that aim. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Disclaimer of liability In the preparation of this website, every effort has been made to offer the most correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors may occur. In particular, but without limiting anything here, WEA disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of the information that may be contained on WEA web pages.
The information and data included on WEA web pages has been compiled from a variety of sources. Unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of WEA; nor is the Association responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them. Further, WEA makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality, content, completeness, or adequacy of such information and data. In any situation where printed publications differ from the text contained in this system, the printed documents take precedence.
- Copyright By submitting articles papers and other materials to WEA, an author is automatically granting us a license to publish. Copyright of all papers and articles remains with the author, and s/he can reuse their papers in their future printed work without referring to WEA.
Similarly, any other contribution of material to the website (including any text, message board content, photographs, graphics, video, audio or logo) automatically grants us a right to publish but copyright remains with the author.
- Interactive usage The areas of the WEA website which are interactive, and we encourage contributions by users, which may or may not be subject to editorial control prior to being posted on the website. WEA accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties in this way. We reserve the right at its sole discretion to remove, review, edit or delete any content at our own discretion.
- Internet copyright This website and its content is copyright of WEA. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material;
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Links to other websites
- Links from the WEA website may take you to other websites that are not controlled by WEA. Links are provided for your convenience only and WEA is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any other website linked to or from the WEA website. Use of any such links will not render WEA liable to you or any other person for loss or liability of any kind.
- You may create a link to this website from another website or document on condition that:
- You do not exploit the link for commercial purposes;
- If you are from a commercial organization you get WEA’s prior written consent first;
- You clearly identify World Economics Association as the owner of this site;
- You do not attempt to pass off this site or any of its contents as your own work;
WEA reserves the right to require you to remove the link with immediate effect.
- Disclaimer of reliability While every effort is made to ensure that this website operates reliably, WEA make no representations or warranties regarding the condition or functionality of this website, its suitability for use, or that the service it provides will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Disclaimer of damages By using this website, you assume all risks associated with its use, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file which might be transmitted or activated via this website. WEA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, resulting from the use or misuse of this website or the information contained in this website.
- Governing law Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales, irrespective of the jurisdiction where you are based.
- Contacting us If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or the practices of this website, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective from 16th May 2011.