Before submitting for a Conference, please check:
- Manuscripts must be in English and the paper must be self-contained.
- Please make sure you format the first page of the manuscript according to the template designed for each specific conference (to be found in the Call for Papers).
- Regarding length of papers, we invite contributors to be concise and to keep papers no longer than 8,000 words. The Conference Leaders in consultation with the Chair of the Conference Organisation Committee reserve the right to insist that a paper is made concise before it is published online in the Discussion Forum.
- Extensive mathematical derivation and proofs should be put in an appendix if possible and limited to the necessary. Whenever full data cannot be easily fitted either in the body of the paper or in the appendices, authors should provide the relevant information for replicating their findings and invite readers to personal contact for fuller information. The author(s) must disclose in a footnote any personal or professional links they may have with the industry/companies/institutions they are writing about or declare that there are none. Failure to disclose any material conflict of interest may result in temporary or permanent exclusion from WEA journals and – in cases of serious or repeated infringement – in exclusion from the World Economics Association.
- Please make sure that citations and reference styles are consistent throughout the paper.
To facilitate interaction between conference participants and authors, each WEA Online Conference will have a designated Discussion Forum (DF). The Discussion Forum is online, and it includes all accepted papers and invited key-note addresses. WEA Members and visitors are strongly encouraged to comment on papers of interest to them. Whenever possible, conference leaders will also arrange for comments by designated discussants. All authors are also strongly encouraged to take part in the Discussion Forum by commenting on other papers. Comments are moderated prior to posting to ensure no libellous or hateful language is published.
Comments and replies are posted during the Discussion Forum period which normally lasts from four to six weeks. Leaders, in consultation with the Chair of the WEA Conferences, can extend the period to give the papers a fair chance of being commented on.
All papers and comments will be attributed and can be referenced. Authors and commentators will receive a conference participation certificate. We hope that this will encourage commentators to make novel points leading to possible development of the research topic.
The conference ends at the closing of the Discussion Forum.