Enhance new ways to meet other people in your field of interest. The WEA Conferences are open access and aim to bring together on-going research works and young career academics from all over the world. Check out our calls for papers and submit your contributions, or read the papers and join us at the open Discussion Forums.
In most cases, an eBook and a paperback book of papers will be published – and published within months of the close of each conference.
The WEA Conference Book Series paperbacks will be produced by College Publications and available on Amazon.
TRADE WARS AFTER CORONAVIRUS: economic, political and theoretical implications
5th October – 5th December 2020
Deadline for submissions: 15th September
- Will free trade be still strongly promoted through international financial institutions (IFI) policies?
- Can any multilateral agency now take retaliation against any country that goes against the spirit of existing free trade agreements?
- If the profit squeeze in the US comes at the same time as US technological leadership is at stake, how much at stake is it?
- Can China actually replace the US as the economic leader in the world? If not, what does prevent it? If so, what is required? How can the US prevent this from happening?
- Does the winner of the trade war keep the hegemony as its prize? Or, are we in a new situation of shared/partial hegemonies?
- What are the lessons learnt from the US trade war against Japan?
- What is the difference between this trade war and the Japanese one of the 1980’s?
The Great Lockdown: An Interpretative Attempt
15th April – 15th May 2021
Deadline for submissions: 20th February